Sunday, December 19, 2010

I can't resist Austin Clarke - The Polished Hoe

It is Sunday night and I have been having an affair with Austin Clarke for the last six days. Aaaahhh, what a man! What words! Every time we meet he seduces me with his words. I think Mittleholzer has a rival now. Here are some of the words that worked their magic on me. I know you will enjoy him. I felt guilty walking with my pleasure, but then what is life without my favorite instrument.

"I have washed their clothes, yes. I have washed their drawers, their shifts and their panties, their underwears and their monthly-rags, and I have seen their stains, and blots and blood; and I have not pointed a finger at, nor singled-out a, the owner of those stains or blots of blood, in judgement........ I have come face to face with their true colours the things they have left, the mess and the messages. And I have closed my two eyes against all temptation to broadcast that evidence. I have cleaned their topsies, their bedpans and chamberpots when they are laid up; and when they are poorly, at death's door...... I knew then that my knowledge of their ways, their behavior, and their secrets, would be education and my deliverance..... They talk about how to keep me and you in our place."

Tomorrow we will meet again - right here

No comments:

Post a Comment