Monday, January 3, 2011

ah deh heh now - 1/3/11

The Demerara River on the way to town.


"When deh aircraft touch down" I felt as if I'd never really left home. I will have to put the arrival experience on another post. Now, I have to give a little before information.

Okay, let's jump back a bit. After a mad rush from Toronto to Buffalo to Brooklyn on the airtrain and subway and a quick stop at the supermarket, I made it to the apartment to prepare a quick meal, put together food for the plane, finish packing, took a shower, jump in the taxi and made it to the airport two and a half hours ahead of the flight, I found a line so long I couldn't believe we'd make the plane. Not only was the line long, but I swear each person in the line had about 10 pieces of luggage. It was a Trinidad/Georgetown flight. I have to say though that we were all really patient even when we were discussing the fact that the attendants didn't seem too bothered by the crowd or the time. They were in no hurry. Eventually, we made it and I must say that the flight attendants were very sweet.

Right now I'm a little panicked because the connection is slow and I don't know when I'll be kicked off. I have photos and a video clip I hope to be able to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment