Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's coming to an end - Tuesday evening at the Sidewalk Cafe

I'm sitting here and thinking about how fast things have happened; the trip is almost over. I must say it has been well worth my while.

If the trip back to Lethem does not happen I might visit Adele's. Rod Westmas mentioned this place and if I have the weekend free and I can manage the cost, why not! Either way you'll be getting some more if I can swing it. Lethem promises Bovista in Brazil and Adele's promises a ride on a speed boat. I have to take a look at Adele's on the internet because I don't know too much about the place.

Around the end of the month I'll be back and soon after that I'll be back in the classroom. I'll have a lot to share with the students and, hopefully, I'll also be planning for my next trip.

I will be attending the CSA conference on the island of Curacao and it will be around the time of my birthday. The lovely thing about travelling is that you meet so many people. In Lethem I met a young Guyanese fellow who works for a travel company. He gave me the names of the simple but well situated hotels and told me where to find interesting things to do and people to see. I will also be interviewing there. Maybe I'll do another travel blog because I enjoyed doing this one for you and I hope you found it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment